[climacs-devel] A little on rings

Elliott Johnson ejohnson at fasl.info
Sun Dec 26 13:06:03 UTC 2004

Hi,

Hope everyone's holidays have been going well.  :)

I've hardly had time but I've worked up a ring.lisp file.  It's
fairly simple.   Classes for generic ring & kill-ring, plus generic
functions for ring-push, ring-pop, rotate-ring, initialize-kill-ring,
and kill-in-region.

The kill-ring structure is nothing outstanding right now either,
simply a slot-value for an array, a max size fixnum, and a offset
fixnum.  The kill-ring being a vector can handle any valid lisp
structure, so weird cuts and inserts are no problem.

If anyone else has cool ideas or better implementations for rings,
please speak up.

Things I still need to do: create a few helper functions (inspired
by hemlock) and create the CLIM commands, keybindings, etc, so I'll
have it down before leaving for LA.  Cl.net guys havn't replied to
my account email yet, so hopefully that comes togeather as well.
If not I'll email it before I go :)

Later,

-Elliott