clisp can't find build-lisp-image

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Sun Mar 2 09:10:36 UTC 2014

Renaud Casenave-Péré a écrit :

> On Sun, Mar 02 2014, Philippe Brochard wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> Hi,
>
> I myself have had to fiddle with load.lisp to be able to run it and I
> was thinking maybe you could use quicklisp for the loading and compiling
> process. What do you think?

Well, you can already use quicklisp to load clfswm if you want and
you'll get the last git version:

(ql:quickload "clfswm")
(clfswm:main)

I'd like to stay with something with as less dependency as possible. And
I don't want to force someone to use quicklisp. But it's possible if it
wants to.

I have greatly simplified the building process since the old
contrib/clfswm bash file. Now it's just a make which build a lisp
executable image.
Bug report on this part is very appreciated (as always it works for me :-)).
In fact the make process is just a way to choose a lisp available to load
load.lisp.

Maybe we can have a separate load-with-quicklisp.lisp file which use
quicklisp instead of a home made process.
I don't feel a need for it but if you want it can be relatively simple
to write it. The documentation will have to be clear on the choice of
load.lisp or load-with-quicklisp.lisp.

Regards,

Philippe