clisp can't find build-lisp-image

Michaël Cadilhac michael at cadilhac.name
Wed Feb 26 14:40:31 UTC 2014

Hi there;

As you may recall, I'm not at all versed in lisp machinery (which is
evil, let it be noted).  I just arrived at my new job (on a Ubuntu
12.04) and wanted to show off my CLFSWM skills, but I can't seem to be
able to install it.  The debian package seems outdated (at least, it
doesn't look at my config) hence I went on to compile my own.  It gets
stuck with:

   undefined function BUILD-LISP-IMAGE

My meager knowledge of this led me to believe that I had to install
the cl-acl-compat package, which was cumbersome enough as it required
to install an older version of asdf, which conflicted with the one
CLFSWM installs.  Conclusion: still no build-lisp-image to be found.

A hand would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers;
M.