[clfswm-devel] Questions / Feature requests regarding the focus policy

Renaud Casenave-Péré renaud at casenave-pere.fr
Sun Mar 24 12:03:09 UTC 2013

Hi, Sorry for the late reply…

I tried using your solutions but unfortunately, it's not working so well
in my
case.
When I use the "one frame for one window" option, I usually end up with my
window
in fullscreen when I use run-or-raise to move around (which I often do).
In a
frame where I have 3 or 4 windows I want to keep an eye on at all time, it
is a
bit annoying.

Then, I realised that if I want a follows mouse type of focus, I would
also need
to have a feature that moves the mouse to the newly focused window. Again,
if I
use run-or-raise to move around, if the mouse doesn't move to the new
focused
window, with the sloppy select method, the focus revert back to where the
mouse
is…

For the second problem, the existing feature is good to know, but again
(sorry
if I'm being annoying…), I would like it to be the default behavior, and
not
only for newly opening windows, but for already opened windows that
sometimes
steal the focus, like if I use browse-url in emacs to open a link in an
already
opened conkeror window.

Maybe I'm trying too much to get the behavior I had before with xmonad… I
even
wrote a layout I used then, if you want to put it in the sources I'd
gladly
paste it here.

I realised I was still unaware of many of clfswm features while watching
the screencasts on the website so I still have a lot to learn.

--
Renaud Casenave-Péré