[clfswm-devel] Removing borders when the Window/Frame is Fullscreen

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Fri Mar 9 20:59:33 UTC 2012

Valentin Plechinger writes:

> Ahoj Clfswm users.

Hi,

> I would like to remove borders from fullscreen windows like mplayer,
> feh and others and also when I'm in a frame that only has one
> fullscreen window (not that important).
> Some time ago I saw a hack somewhere but I can't find it anymore and
> I'm not sure it adressed the same issue.

As said before, you can define the fullscreen coordinates outside the
physical screen:

(defun get-fullscreen-size ()
  "Return the size of root child (values rx ry rw rh)
You can tweak this to what you want"
  (values (- (* *border-size* 2))
          (- (* *border-size* 2))
          (+ (xlib:screen-width *screen*) (* *border-size* 2))
          (+ (xlib:screen-height *screen*) (* *border-size* 2))))

Another (not permanent) solution is to enter in the mplayer window and
make it the root-frame (select it with the up key and enter in it with
alt+enter).

BTW on a single physical screen, here on my box, mplayer starts without
border lines (with the -fs option if needed).

It's more tricky with a dual screen and there is some work to be done on
this part. I've made some changes recently to ease dual screen usage.

> Also, at least for mplayer and similiar programs, wouldn't that be
> useful to be in mainline?

Please, try the solutions above and will see if there is a need to
handle mplayer specifically (not sure from my every day usage).

> Best regards,

Regards,

Philippe