[clfswm-devel] Any bug tracking system ?

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Fri Mar 9 14:06:26 UTC 2012

Deepak Tripathi writes:

> Team,
> Do we have any bts available , what I see from trac
> http://trac.common-lisp.net/clfswm/report, But not maintained or no
> issues have been reported so far?

It's maintained but no one used it for now. It's also a good way to push
your request and make it permanent until they're treated.
Another way is to make your request on the mailing list.

> Will be great that road map will
> define clearly (Just my thought).

Hum, this point is hard to define since CLFSWM is very versatile and can
evolve following every one needs ("you want that -> we can code it -> ok
include it in CLFSWM in the contrib or core tree").
For example, CLFSWM is not fully ICCCM [1] compliant. But it'll be very
hard to follow this spec since there is no workspace/pager concept in
CLFSWM for example.

For me CLFSWM is really near from a 1.0 version. But even the 1.0
version concept is not clear since we can always add or remove things
from it. For example, near 2007 I have claimed that CLFSWM was in
0.999999 version. It is always in this state now just some 9999 more
(and will be surely in the future). Even, I thought on removing the
tar.gz distribution and using only the git version.

BTW you can read the TODO file which list things to be done and is the
reference.

Regards,

Philippe

[1] http://tronche.com/gui/x/icccm/