[clfswm-devel] Type Error in CLFSWM::ADAPT-CHILD-TO-RECT

Desmond O. Chang dochang at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:54:43 UTC 2012

Philippe Brochard <pbrochard at common-lisp.net> writes:

> Desmond O. Chang writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
> Hi,
>
>> Did anyone get an error like "-63634 isn't a CARD16." when using
>> clfswm with clisp/new-clx?
>>
> Yes I got this error with clisp/new-clx. But not with clisp/mit-clx or
> portable-clx.

mit-clx/portable-clx use a macro ENCODE-TYPE to convert the number.
See SET-DRAWABLE-X in attributes.lisp.

> The problem comes from the layout manager which set a negative width.
> Have you seen which layout causes the trouble? And which application?

A typical scenario is using Gmail web interface in chromium.  When I
clicked "Delete all spam messages now" or "Empty Trash now", these
links raised browser built-in dialogs.  After closing the dialogs,
this bug *often* happened.

But since Gmail has replaced browser built-in dialogs with html
dialogs, I can't reproduce it anymore.

I recorded a video [1] which shows how Conkeror caused this bug (no
.clfswmrc and .conkerorrc during recording).

[1] http://common-lisp.net/~dchang/clfswm-type-error-demo.ogv

Thanks,
Des