[clfswm-devel] Transparent background for empty frames

Ales Guzik ales.guzik at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 09:55:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Philippe Brochard
<pbrochard at common-lisp.net> wrote:
> Ales Guzik writes:
>
>> Hi.
>>
> Hi,
>
>> Is there any way to make frames without windows draw transparent
>> background instead of black?
>>
> I have added transparency support for all frames, menu... backgrounds.
> It is enabled by default but can be turn off with the
> *transparent-background* variable.
>

> Please, can you test commit 7873a020b3. It works for me with clisp,
> cmucl and sbcl.

It works, but works wrong with my setup.
Now it remembers desktop image at startup time and draws it as background.
But conky draws current time and uptime on my root window every second and
this changes are not represented in frame backgrounds. Additionally my wallpaper
randomly changes every 10 minutes by script, but clfswm draws picture
it remembered
at startup time.