[clfswm-devel] clfswm.ebuild

madnificent madnificent at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 02:39:47 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Philippe Brochard
<pbrochard at common-lisp.net> wrote:
> stayvoid at gmail.com writes:
>
>> Hi there!
>>
> Hi, welcome on this list.
>
>> Is there a .ebuild of CLFSWM?
>>
> From me, no. From others, I don't know.
>
>> My attempt to write it was unsuccessful.
>>
> Can you describe where you failed? Send us your backtrace.
>
> You have some build example in Debian: http://packages.debian.org/sid/clfswm
> or in Archlinux: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=14565
> And I know that Xavier Maillard has a slackbuild.
>
> The main problem, I think, is the CLX packaging.
>
> Let us know.
>

>> Cheers.
>>
> Best regards,
>
> Philippe

Hello stayvoid,

You may want to take a look at buildapp [1] (SBCL only) or cl-launch
[2] to help you with the process.  If you want to construct it by
building an image, you should be able to build the image and dump the
core right before calling clfswm:main.  The display information is
gathered when that function is being called.  A quick test here
revealed that there's still an /AUTHORIZATION ISSUE/, perhaps the
capitalization will make someone else will respond to this.  The rest
of this post should give you the general idea though.

In an environment in which you can require 'clfswm (which means you
need the correct libraries available), you should be able to run the
following for a lisp image:
# sbcl --eval "(require 'clfswm)" --eval '(sb-ext:save-lisp-and-die
"clfswm.core" :executable t)'

This will generate a file named clfswm.core which you can execute to
get an sbcl image with clfswm loaded.  You can run
# clfswm.core --eval (clfswm:main) to boot up clfswm.

You could place that command in a script:
#!/bin/sh
/opt/clfswm/clfswm.core --eval "(clfswm:main)"
which you could then feed to startx

I hope this gets you started.  It may help if you attach the
buildscript in a reply.

Aad Versteden

PS: You'll likely want to have use flags for each of the currently
supported lisp distributions.