[clfswm-devel] Big change to support multiple screen heads by default.

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Mon Apr 30 21:19:31 UTC 2012

Hi list,

I've made a big change with the 4f9a389cc0 commit to remove the
*current-root* variable and support multiple screen heads by default.
It's based on xrandr information but will soon use the more general
xdpyinfo/xinerama information.

The pro:
1) you just have to setup your dual/multi screens with xinerama or
xrandr and clfswm will create a root frame for each heads and a frame in
this root frame. Then you can navigate as always.
2) This will simplify the modeline code (coming soon).
3) This will ease the navigation on dual/multi screens (new keybindings
coming).
4) There will be some new 'with-placement' variable relative to the
current root.

The cons:
/!\ This may brake your .clfswmrc. /!\
In particular the *current-root* variable is still defined but not
used. I'll remove it soon.
The get-fullscreen-size function is not defined anymore. I'll add
soon a way to change the root frame geometry.
The expose mode is broken. It needs more work to support multi heads.

Please, try it intensively. There may be some new bugs.

Regards,

Philippe