[clfswm-devel] Bug report: freeze, constantly throwing errors

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Sat Apr 28 22:25:59 UTC 2012

Ales Guzik writes:

> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 12:01 AM, Philippe Brochard
> <pbrochard at common-lisp.net> wrote:
>> Ales Guzik writes:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Sometimes (pretty often) CLFSWM freezes, infinitely writing error
>>> messages (log attached, you may see 3 such messages at the top)
>>>
>> When does this occurs? With which applications? Do you do something
>> special before the crash?
>
> It occurs pretty randomly. Daily I use pretty limited set of gui
> applications - just firefox, emacs, xterm, skype and thunderbird. In
> moment of crash everything just slows down and clfswm keys does not
> work. (running via main-unprotected prevents slowdown, clfswm just
> terminates)

Ok, thanks for those details.

>> The first thing to try is to use the 'main-unprotected' function to
>> display a more explicit message (and stop after the first error).
>> Start clfswm with:
>>
>> $ clfswm.core --eval "(clfswm::main-unprotected)" --non-interactive
>>
>> And share the output on the list.
>
> Logs attached.

Thanks. I suspect an Xlib problem. I test clfswm with sbcl with another
(old) xlib version (darcs get http://common-lisp.net/~crhodes/clx).
I'll switch to the new git fork for my tests. BTW, I haven't those
freeze with clisp/mit or new-clx.
>From your side, can you test clfswm with the Christophe Rhodes (old) clx
version and see if the freeze appends?