[clfswm-devel] Run clfswm

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Thu Sep 1 13:57:26 UTC 2011

loz accs writes:

> Thanks for replies, i'm using funtoo linux with
>  xorg-server 1.10.2, libX11 1.4.4,
> tryed to compile clfswm with
>  sbcl 1.0.45, cl-clx 0.7.4, cl-asdf 1.89
> now, using both ways from README, i got same error, pasted here:
> http://openpaste.org/34D3404d
>
> I'm sorry, i forget wich versions of sbcl and cl-clx i had when i
> compiled clfswm once, but when i tryed to run it i got this:
> http://openpaste.org/C86F8e1F

Hi, this seems to be a CLX problem. There is some reports about problems
with sbcl 1.0.45 to build CLX  0.7.4 :

  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?do_Details=1&ID=12084&O=0&L=0&C=0&K=clx&SB=n&SO=a&PP=25&do_MyPackages=0&do_Orphans=0&SeB=nd

They suggest to downgrade to sbcl 1.0.44. But (IMHO) a better way is to
use a more recent sbcl version (I've no problems with sbcl 1.0.50).

Good luck,

Philippe