[clfswm-devel] request pull my bugfix patch

Desmond O. Chang dochang at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 21:03:11 UTC 2011

Hi Philippe,

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 06:29, Philippe Brochard
<pbrochard at common-lisp.net> wrote:
> Hi, welcome on this list and thanks for your interest in clfswm.

I've used stumpwm for 2 years and discover clfswm recently.  I like
its concept and try to use it these days.

I have another question here.  How can I "run-or-raise" a program like
emacsclient?  I put the following in my clfswmrc.

(defun b1-start-emacs ()
  "start emacs"
  (setf *second-mode-leave-function*
        (lambda ()
          (let* ((win (find "emacs" (xlib:query-tree *root*)
                            :key 'xlib:get-wm-class :test 'string-equal)))
            (if win
                (raise-window win)
                (do-shell "cd $HOME && exec emacsclient -c")))))
  (leave-second-mode))

Then I put (define-second-key (#\e) 'b1-start-emacs) in
*BINDING-HOOK*.  Keybinding works but raising doesn't.

I try to use FOCUS-WINDOW to replace RAISE-WINDOW, I fail again.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Des