[clfswm-devel] How can I put xvkbd on the top?

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Mon Feb 7 22:31:40 UTC 2011

Desmond O. Chang writes:

> Hi,

> xvkbd is always on the bottom on my debian sid laptop even if I run it
> with "-always-on-top" or set "xvkbd.alwaysOnTop" to true.
>
> How to move xvkbd to the top in clfswm?

Well, xvkbd is handled specifically in clfswm with the function
present-virtual-keyboard.  You can show/hide it with a left click on the
top left corner (by default). It start hidden the first time. Click
another time to raise it.

You can also define a main mode key with the present-virtual-keyboard
function. The main mode is important otherwise the VK goes to the
background. You can add something like this in your .clfswmrc:

(defun local-binding ()
  (define-main-key (your key and modifiers) 'present-virtual-keyboard))

(unless (member 'local-binding *binding-hook*)
  (add-hook *binding-hook* 'local-binding))

> Thanks,
> Des
Hope that helps.

Philippe