[clfswm-devel] Run clfswm

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Tue Aug 30 23:10:08 UTC 2011

loz accs writes:

> Hi everybody, i really enjoy clfswm's ideas, but i can't run it.

Hi, your welcome :)

> As i know clfswm's dependencies are cl-clx and sbcl. Are there any
> other packages required to compile and run it?

CLFSWM depends only on CLX and ASDF. There is no need for cl-ppcre or
any other lib.

> And could you please say wich versions of dependencies are known to
> work? My distro has several versions, most of them are masked as
> untested, so i don't know where fault is.

I've tested it with those versions for the last release:

SBCL 1.0.50 + Portable CLX
CMUCL 1.20a + its own CLX or Portable CLX
CLISP 2.49 + MIT/CLX or NEW/CLX or Portable CLX
CCL 1.6 + Portable CLX
ECL + Portable CLX but there is some lags with it.

All with the Xorgs shipped in Archlinux, Debian/SID and Debian/Stable.

Where do you failed to use CLFSWM? Does it build? Or is it unstable when
running?
If it's a compilation error, can you post your backtrace (a full copy of
the output text from your compiler).
Also can you say more on your installation versions (Lisp, Xorgs,
Distrib...).

Thanks for your interest in CLFSWM.

Philippe