[clfswm-devel] Windows Key

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Wed Aug 24 09:37:24 UTC 2011

Valentin Plechinger writes:

> Hello,

Hello, welcome on CLFSWM!

> I recently tried out clfswm and thought it's quit an interesting wm.
> When I wanted to add keybinding with Mod-4 I couldn't get them to work
> though, can someone tell me how to use the windows key as a modifier?

Do other modifiers work? You can see if the mapping works with the
identify-key function (bound to second-mode-key + i).

Here with this in my .clfswmrc and no ~/.xmodmap to redefine keys, all
is working:

(defun local-binding ()
  (define-main-key ("a" :mod-4) 'banish-pointer))

(add-hook *binding-hook* 'local-binding)

Tell us about your progress. Good luck.

Regards,

Philippe