[clfswm-devel] new window hooks and others

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Sat Oct 30 20:00:27 UTC 2010

Fernando Aguayo writes:

[...]

>> > Other problem I'm having is regarding the info-mode. If I try
>> > something like
>> > (info-mode '("hello" "world!"))
>> > clfswm will crash complaining about an unhandled throw.
>> > Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?
>> >
>> Well, you can't call directly a function which use the display in your
>> configuration file since the display is not opened when the
>> configuration file is loaded. This is to let us redefine all what we
>> want before clfswm is really started.
>>
>> For this, you can add an init-hook which is executed just before the
>> main loop. Something like this:

>> (defun my-show-hello-world ()
>>   (info-mode '("Hello" "World!")))
>>
>> (add-hook *init-hook* 'my-show-hello-world)
>>
> Probably that is not the problem, since I was doing it in a function
> bounded to a key, not directly in the configuration file. Have any
> other ideas?

Ah, ok. Where do you put your code and how do you assign your key ?
I'd like to be able to reproduce the bug.

>> > Btw, the keybindings are working fine now, but lamentably I don't know
>> > anything about how xlib works, so I'am afraid I am of very little help
>> > in the flickering problem.
>> >
>> No problem with the xlib. I'd just like to know if the flickering
>> problem is really annoying for you or if you can live with it.
>> BTW I think I know how to prevent it (reparent windows), but I'll
>> make this change after the next release (coming soon).
>>
> Althoug I can live with it, I rather not have it :P

Indeed :)

> So if you could fix it would be great.

Yes, I'll do my best.

> I'm glad to know a next release is coming. Do you think you could add
> the width of the frame and windows borders as a parameter? I find it difficult to
> know where I am when I have a maximized window inside a frame.

Actually the border size is hardcoded to 1 pixel. It's not to much
efforts to make it variable. I put this on the TODO list for the next
release.

Regards,

Philippe