[clfswm-devel] User API proposition

CT cl.thouvenin at laposte.net
Sat Mar 22 22:53:59 UTC 2008

Bonsoir,

    >> I  have   created    a  new page   on    the  wiki  that    is:
    >> http://trac.common-lisp.net/clfswm/wiki/UserAPI. It is meant to
    >> be a  discussion on the CLFSWM features  at a user stand point,
    >> so feel free to correct, comment and etc.
    >>
    PB> Cool, I've commented  it. In particular  I don't see the  need
    PB> for the frame layer.

So  do I have  written some  answer.  I  suggest that  we write answer
threaded with bullet and the signature of the writer,  so that we know
to what comment we answer and to follow the flow of discussion.

I am  trying   to make  a case   to  change the meaning  of   group in
CLFSWM. For me, group  is a better word for  an arbitrary ensemble. In
CLFSWM, groups  are not  so arbitrary as   it  is link to  a  geometry
inclusion relation. So, I would prefer to use frame in that particular
case as this word has a geometrical sounding.

    PB> This make me think that I have to write  a page to tell how to
    PB> change completly  the clfswm  behavior. Indeed clfswm  is just
    PB> some minimals  xlib functions and  two modes (main and second)
    PB> all the  rest  can  be  customized  (with hooks   or   complet
    PB> rewrite). Even the second mode is not really needed.
I would  definitely  appreciate that,  so   that I could  dive  in the
internal of CLFSWM easily. Wow !

    >> Hoping to bring new ideas
    PB> Yes, some have been added in the TODO files.
Thank you,

Hoping to contribute sooner or later with code...

Cheers,
--
Cyrille