[clfswm-devel] SVN or GIT or SVN...

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Sun Mar 9 18:41:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

After some tests, here is a setup I can leave with to manage the
clfswm code:

1) We use git _or_ svn. I use git locally.
2) I synchronize the git repository with rsync on the public http
   server of common-lisp.net.
3) I synchronize the svn repository with git svn.

So each commit is a local commit to git, a rsync to the http server
and a dcommit to svn.

Advantages are that you can use what you want between git or svn.
We keep the trac file browser and timeline.
The version revision is managed by git so there is less problem of
synchronization between git and svn.

Drawbacks are that a commit use more bandwidth (rsync+git svn). It's
not a real probleme as the clfswm code is small and there is not a lot
of change bewteen each version.
Another problem is if I rsync as someone update it's git repository.
As said by Matthieu there is not a lot of probability that arise but
be warn if something goes wrong after an update.

Tell what you think about this setup before a go ahead, thanks.

Regards,

Philippe

--
Philippe Brochard    <pbrochard at common-lisp.net>