[cldoc-devel] MK-DEFSYSTEM

Iban HATCHONDO hatchond at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 1 18:43:59 UTC 2006

> Marco Antoniotti wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I made CLDOC work with MK-DEFSYSTEM.  The changes are trivial, however,
> they are not foolproof and they are not very nice to look at.  I feel
> that CLDOC makes a few assumptions about ASDF that are not true of
> MK-DEFSYSTEM.

I don't remember such discret assumptions :)
Everything should be explicitly written in an implementation of extract-documentation that has specialized its third argument (filenames) on asdf:system. Its html implementation simply retreives all files of an asdf system and invoke extract-documentation with the resulting list. Did I miss something ?

> Apart from that, it seems to me that while the file-oriented output is
> a nice thing, a package oriented one would be nice as well.  Would it
> be difficult to set it up?

I guess not. But since I've started cldoc I don't see how, since Common Lisp is not an encapsulating language as some others, in which it becomes obvious.
For this reason I choose a file oriented shortcut :) Each package is used as section in the main index, and each file that holds symbol definition for this package will appear as a subsection.
If you have an idea of how to present a package oriented view, I guess it should not be too difficult to set it up. Do you have ideas on how to present such a view ?

> Cheers
>
> Marco
>
> PS.  CLDOC fails to handle a set of files that have not been loaded
> beforehand.  I don't have a problem with that, but it is something that
> should appear in the documentation.

Indeed, I presume i forgot to mention this point :) I'll do it asp. I have few commit to make as well.

Best regards,
Iban