[clbuild-devel] clbuild2 and CCL

Greg Pfeil greg at technomadic.org
Wed Jan 5 20:26:12 UTC 2011

On 4 Jan 2011, at 16:05, David Lichteblau wrote:

> Two issues:
>
>  - Option processing happened too late, after loading the sources.
>
>  - To keep things simple, clbuild intentionally does not default
>    LISP_BINARY based on LISP_IMPLEMENTATION_TYPE anymore, which means
>    that clbuild doesn't know about all of CCL's weird binary names
>    like lx86cl64.
>
> I have pushed support for --implementation and two new options, --type
> and --binary.  Please test!

The way I have things set up, CCL is called `ccl` and it's in $PATH, so all of the following work:

• clbuild --type ccl --binary /usr/local/bin/ccl lisp
• clbuild --type ccl --binary ccl lisp
• clbuild --implementation /usr/local/bin/ccl lisp
• clbuild --implementation ccl lisp

However, as soon as I change `lisp` to `slime`, I end up in SBCL again. Seems like this is because of

	(setq inferior-lisp-program "/home/lisp/greg/clbuild2/clbuild lisp")

in .start-slime.el. A simple solution might be to export a var with the command-line args used to start clbuild (sans "slime"), and then look that up from the .el file.

I understand that using a conf file should avoid this issue, but I figured I should point it out.

Thanks for the tool.