[clbuild-devel] A swank server-only task?

Abhishek Reddy arbscht at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 01:31:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

Is there an automated way in clbuild to launch a swank server without
starting Emacs too?

Sometimes, I find the need to launch a swank server and then slime-connect
to it from an existing (perhaps remote) Emacs process.

I have resorted variously to invoking SWANK:CREATE-SERVER manually from a
`clbuild lisp' REPL, or scripting a similar `clbuild run ...' incantation.
Lately, I have been using a patched[1] clbuild that does it automatically
with `clbuild swank [port]'.

Is a better way to do this?  Or is something like the patch below worth
adding to clbuild?

Thanks

[1] $ darcs diff
diff -rN old-clbuild/clbuild new-clbuild/clbuild
1897a1898,1913
>     swank)
>       shift
>       swank_coding_system="utf-8-unix"
>       swank_port=${1:-0}
>       test $# -ge 1 && shift
>       swank_options=":port $swank_port :coding-system
\"$swank_coding_system\""

--
Abhishek Reddy
http://abhishek.geek.nz