[clbuild-devel] How to install manually + Silent git error

amynbemail-list at yahoo.fr amynbemail-list at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 5 20:22:40 UTC 2009

Hello all,

(Sorry for double post, please reply to this one not the other)

I installed yesterday clbuild via darcs in order to install Weblocks.
I then got a problem when auto getting "cl-base64" dependency via clbuild, so I downloaded cl-base64-3.3.3 archive and untgz'd it to source/cl-base64. Then I symlinked systems/cl-base64.asd to  source/cl-base64/cl-base64.asd.

Finally I ran "clbuild recompile cl-base64"

Could someone tell me if what I did seems sufficient to install manually a project ?

Obviously, no, because I then got a silent error when trying to run clbuild install webblocks. The process stops at cl-base64 with the following error : "error: update was interrupted".

When tracing bash script, I found that this error came from line 620 :

actual="`cd $name && git config --get remote.origin.url`"

and git returns error code 2 which exits to trapped function.

I avoided it by skipping cl-base64, but maybe a better error message could be displayed (I never used git and hence do not understand why this command is called and what it looks for exactly).

Last thing, I regularly get an error with touch trying to create "PROJECT/.clbuild-skip-update" file, but PROJECT dir does not exist. I suppose the script means to skip installed projects AFTER installation hence after creating directory ??

Thanks
-Amyn