[clbuild-devel] clbuild dependencies

mosi amosat+lisp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 07:13:50 UTC 2009

Hi,
thank you for this great tool, as a lisp beginner I really appreciate
the amount of work done here to make the programming life easier.

One question:
the following autogenerated file
http://common-lisp.net/project/clbuild/clbuild/dependencies

states the following line:
elephant alexandria babel bordeaux-threads cffi cl-base64 closer-mop
clsql ieee-floats lift md5 postmodern split-sequence trivial-features
trivial-utf-8 usocket

which didn`t work for me.

I had a working setup, then made a clbuild update.
After that, the elephant 1.0 didn`t work anymore, mostly it didn`t
compile without errors.
Not knowing what caused the proble, I tried the following combinations:

Sbcl 1.26, 1.29 on linux debian x86_32
Elephant 1.0 1.0a2 0.9
cffi 10.0.4 10.0.5

BerkeleyDB 4.5, 4.6, 4.7

Nothing worked, failing to compile Elephant.

The answer: elephant does not depend on cffi.

Clbuild installs uffi.asd into the  clbuild/systems folder as a
symlink to cffi-uffi-compat.asd (or a similar name).
After providing the right uffi.asd symlink, everything works great.

I lost 2 days of my life trying to figure that, really.

I would like to kindly ask the maintainers, for the sake of newbs like me,
to have mercy and remove the cffi compatibility from the elephant, or
at least not to symlink the cffi-uffi-compat.

Thank you very much.
mosi