[clbuild-devel] b9.com

Brian O'Reilly fade at deepsky.com
Thu Aug 6 18:39:52 UTC 2009

On August 6, 2009 11:05:02 am Nate Young wrote:
> Hi,
>   I just used clbuild for the first time and it is crashing when
> trying to install anything (puri, md5, cl-base64, clsql and rt) from
> http://git.b9.com with this message:
>
> "fatal: http://git.b9.com/cl-base64.git/info/refs not found: did you
> run git update-server-info on the server?"
>
> git clone git://git.b9.com/cl-base64.git works like a charm and if I
> change the url in the clbuild script from http:// to git://, things go
> off without a hitch.
>
> Looking at the darcs changes, though, it appears that the urls were
> switched from git:// to http:// intentionally, so I was wondering if
> that reasoning is still sound.

all of the git repos at b9 have been failing for quite a few days. Most of the
repos in question are mirrored in git at common-lisp.net:

http://common-lisp.net/project/mirror/git/

I think using this mirror as a proxy for those sites expressing flaky behavior
in their repositories would seriously improve the clbuild experience, _and_
let me move on to the actual work I'm trying to assemble this image for. :)

Brian