[clbuild-devel] Problem installing Weblocks

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Mon Oct 27 19:32:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

Quoting David Barker (kzar at kzar.co.uk):
> Cheers for the reply, here's the output.
>
> http://kzar.co.uk/md5
> http://kzar.co.uk/cl-base64
>
> Seems to be something to do with git?

interesting, that doesn't look like the problem I suspected originally.
I think it means that your git is "too old".  AFAIK, git older than
version 1.5.3 is considered ancient anyway, so it's only fair for us to
require that version.

However, we should add a test for this in "clbuild check", especially as
long as Debian stable ships such an old version.

(There's an up-to-date version in the backports apt archive, I think, if
you're actually on Debian.)

d.