[clbuild-devel] Re: user defined wnpp-projects and dependencies

Victor Kryukov victor.kryukov at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 17:57:23 UTC 2008

Stefan Nobis <stefan-ml at snobis.de> writes:

> Victor Kryukov <victor.kryukov at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> what do you think about adding two user-defined files,
>> i.e. wnpp-projects-local and dependencies-local, to let user define
>> his own projects and dependencies among them?
>
> Hmmm... I'm undetermined. It seems to be a good idea, I also have
> quite some local additions planned, but on the other hand wouldn't it
> be much nicer to enforce a really complete listing of everything out
> there (so a local addition isn't neccessary)?

Having a complete listing "of everything out there" sounds like a good
abstract concept. However, I doubt it could be implemented
effectively. clbuild maintainers believe (and rightly so) that only "decent"
packages should belong clbuild - e.g. if a package only comes as a
tarball, it will not be included. That means there will always be
various disagrements about whehter something should be included or
not. Therefore, providing users with a freedom to change things on
their end while at the same time maintaining broad list of "decent"
packages seems to be the right way to go for me.

Regards,
Victor.

--
http://macrodefinition.blogspot.com