[clbuild-devel] splitting up the clbuild shell script

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Sun Jan 27 16:37:28 UTC 2008

Hi,

the clbuild shell script was originally intended to be a single file.
However, since then it has grown considerably, so I am wondering
whether it wouldn't be better to split it up into separate files, so
that
  - global variable initializations aren't hidden between function
    definitions

  - someone editing help output can just open help.sh without searching
    around for it

  - all routines for project and dependency file parsing share a file

... and so on.

Of course, I am not going to push that change if it is turns out to be
controversial.

You can find my proposal at:
http://common-lisp.net/~dlichteblau/clbuild-multifile/

Comments appreciated.