[clbuild-devel] Package suggestion: elephant

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Fri Feb 15 14:21:21 UTC 2008

Quoting Victor Kryukov (victor.kryukov at gmail.com):
> darcs get http://www.common-lisp.net/project/elephant/darcs/elephant

Thanks again for the suggestion.  Elephant looks like an interesting
project.

I've added it now as a wnpp-project, but it is indeed "work-needing".
Here is the list of issues I noted in the projects file:

#  - doesn't build at all without a user-written my-config.sexp
#  - needs sb-posix, but doesn't declare that dependency, meaning that
#    it doesn't build even with a config file
#  - ele-clsql loads clsql from the .asd file, not using :depends-on,
#    which is completely unacceptable
#    (we blacklist ele-clsql in clbuild.lisp because of that)

Unfortunately I don't have the time to work with elephant maintainers to
resolve these issues at this time.

d.