[clbuild-devel] [Fwd: Re: [elephant-devel] Problems with elephant on sbcl using postmodern]

Luís Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 13:42:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Leslie P. Polzer
<sky at viridian-project.de> wrote:
> That was painful.  clbuild includes a dependency for cffi for elephant, but
> cffi-uffi-compat doesn't suffice.  Ensuring uffi was loaded got everything running for
> me.

CFFI-UFFI-COMPAT is by no means perfect but, very often it finds bugs
in UFFI code. I.e., code that happens to work in, e.g., SBCL but
wouldn't work in other Lisps supported by UFFI. (In other occasions
people have found it to be much faster than UFFI.)  In any case, I'd
be interested in applying patches to fix any bugs cffi-uffi-compat, or
fix it myself if someone can describe the problem.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/