[clbuild-devel] how to post fixes/additions?

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Mon Dec 15 13:19:00 UTC 2008

Quoting budden (budden-lisp at mail.ru):
> Git starts to work for me, but after
> printing some abracadabra for a minute or so, it says:
>
> error: Couldn't get
> http://common-lisp.net/project/parenscript/git/parenscript//refs/tags/parenscript-20070720 for tags/parenscript-20070720
> The requested URL returned error: 404
> error: Could not interpret tags/parenscript-20070720 as something to pull

I can't reproduce that.  Make sure your git is reasonably recent, and
try "clbuild trash parenscript" to get rid of any existing broken
checkout you might have.

BTW, I think should we should have a policy against git repositories
using http:// URLs.  It's very easy to set up automatic repo.or.cz
mirrors for those projects, and cloning from those using git:// tends to
be faster and more reliable in my experience.  (Some of the projects
affected are my own repositories.  I'll move them sometime soon.)