[clbuild-devel] how to post fixes/additions?

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Mon Dec 15 08:51:15 UTC 2008

Hi,

Quoting budden (budden-lisp at mail.ru):
> Hallo one more time.
>   I'd like to post some additions/fixes.

the best way to post patches is to record them using
  darcs record
and then attach the diff generated by
  darcs diff
to your mails.  Alternatively, you can also just publish your repository
on any web server, so that we can pull from it.

However, it's best to follow these guidelines:

 * Please minimize changes per patch.

   If ten projects got added, it's better to record ten individual
   patches rather than one big change, so that we can cherry-pick
   changes individually.

 * Please don't record changes to the 'dependencies' file in the same step.

   I record dependencies myself, so I don't need the diff for the file
   at all.

I know this means a little more work for patch submitters, but my own
time for clbuild hacking is also very limited, especially for projects I
don't use myself, so often I only find time to consider those patches
that come in small easy-to-digest chunks.

[...]
>   Are clbuild developers interested in such?

Most of those look interesting, yes.  Please submit them as outlined
above, so that we can apply them with your name on them.

Thanks,
d.