[clbuild-devel] uffi asd registration failed (register_other_asd ?)

Daniel White daniel at whitehouse.id.au
Tue Dec 9 16:09:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 07:58:49 -0500
user <aperto1973 at web.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 22:25 +1000, Daniel White wrote:
> > On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 04:32:48 -0500
> > user <aperto1973 at web.de> wrote:

> > > user at user-desktop:~/clbuild$ ./clbuild rebuild-links
> > > [snip...]
> > > Ignoring invalid
> > > path: /home/user/clbuild/source/mcclim/Experimental/freetype
> > > Ignoring invalid
> > > path: /home/user/clbuild/source/graphic-forms/src/external-libraries/*/*
> > > Ignoring invalid path: /home/user/clbuild/source/clg/*
> > > Ignoring invalid path: /home/user/clbuild/source/eclipse/system.lisp
> > > /home/user/clbuild/source/cffi/uffi-compat/uffi.asd
> > > 26 system definition files registered
> >
> > The 'Ignoring invalid path' messages are just letting you know that the
> > special cases haven't been run because you don't have the library.  Not
> > a real concern.
> >
> > Additionally, uffi.asd seems to have been registered fine.  Is it in
> > your systems directory?
> >

> Yes. Loads also fine with asdf on the REPL. What i liked about the
> previously used version of clbuild is that no manual 'rebuild-links' run
> was needed. 'update $project' was enough to care about the uffi-asd-case
> (of the "special asds" mentioned in link_extra_asds() i have only been
> using uffi/uffi).

This is a regression.

The following patches fix this and some other brain-dead errors in
the .asd registration changes.

Repository can be found (for now) at:
http://whitehouse.id.au/darcs/daniel/clbuild/

Wed Dec 10 00:58:47 EST 2008  Daniel White <daniel at whitehouse.id.au>
  * Use given file name when registering single file with register_other_asd

Wed Dec 10 01:01:40 EST 2008  Daniel White <daniel at whitehouse.id.au>
  * Simplified register_other_asd for the directory argument

  Was originally able to be provided a file pattern other
  than *.asd, but YAGNI.  Simpler and cleaner.

Wed Dec 10 01:12:44 EST 2008  Daniel White <daniel at whitehouse.id.au>
  * Only look in directories of expanded glob for .asd files

  When register_other_asd is handed a glob, it uses all the expanded
  paths whether or not they are files.  The only reason this actually
  works is because register_single_asd checks that the paths it is handed
  are actually files.

Wed Dec 10 01:15:39 EST 2008  Daniel White <daniel at whitehouse.id.au>
  * Quote globs passed to register_other_asd

  For some reason, these end up being expanded early when update
  is run but not rebuild-links.  These should be quoted to avoid
  errors.

Wed Dec 10 01:17:40 EST 2008  Daniel White <daniel at whitehouse.id.au>
  * register_all_asd_in_path should pass on the quiet parameter

Wed Dec 10 01:18:52 EST 2008  Daniel White <daniel at whitehouse.id.au>
  * register_other_asd should be quiet by default

--
Daniel White