CLASP for MPS; multithreading & GC questions

Basile Starynkevitch basile at starynkevitch.net
Thu Dec 21 16:50:54 UTC 2017

Thanks to Chris, I managed to compile CLASP for MPS.

I have a question about MPS scanning. MPS folks (Gareth, in CC) told me
that the scanning routine (see
https://www.ravenbrook.com/project/mps/master/manual/html/topic/scanning.html
for more) is called asynchronously, even from some SIGSEGV signal handler.

How do you manage that in CLASP?

A concrete use case might be some std::set of Common Lisp symbols. How
would you scan it? You cannot expect the scanning routine to get that
std::set in a coherent state .... so using C++ iterators could break things.

Any concrete code pointer to CLASP source (or generated C++) code for
scanning is welcome!

Regards.

--
Basile STARYNKEVITCH   == http://starynkevitch.net/Basile
opinions are mine only - les opinions sont seulement miennes