[clasp-devel] First Contribution: Proposed README_FIRST.txt

Cayman Nava caymannava at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 21:47:26 UTC 2015

Hi Andy,

Just another datapoint, I've had a lot of trouble building the 'newbuild'
branch of clasp, *until recently*.

With the past few commits, the build process has run into no hiccups (not
even needing a restart in the middle, as was needed in the past), and *has
finished with no errors*.

I would try one more time on the most recent (as of writing this) commit of
the newbuild branch: 52d51fef56
<https://github.com/drmeister/clasp/commit/52d51fef563447f3693fed1c315b3d31e047933e>
.

Here's some information about my setup/process:

- Arch linux

- use preview branch of externals-clasp: 810eaaf8af
<https://github.com/drmeister/externals-clasp/commit/810eaaf8af7f845addfa44da3edbc7a5f82207d0>
  - clone externals-clasp, checkout preview, copy local.config.linux to
local.config & edit configuration, make
  - more explicitly -- for anyone else (w/o the 25 years of experience)
following along:

git clone https://github.com/drmeister/externals-clasp
cd externals-clasp
git checkout 810eaa
cp local.config.linux local.config
# edit local.config (in my case, set PJOBS higher, set GCC_TOOLCHAIN = /usr)
make

- use newbuild branch of clasp: 52d51fef56
<https://github.com/drmeister/clasp/commit/52d51fef563447f3693fed1c315b3d31e047933e>
    - clone clasp, checkout newbuild, copy local.config.linux to
local.config & edit configuration, make
    - more explicitly

git clone https://github.com/drmeister/clasp
cd clasp
git checkout 52d51f
cp local.config.linux local.config
 # edit local.config (in my case, set EXTERNALS_SOURCE_DIR, set PJOBS
higher)
make

---
Cheers,