[cl-xmpp-devel] cl-xmpp with usocket patch

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 21:20:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Kevin Crosbie <kcrosbie at ravenpack.com> wrote:
> Erik Huelsmann wrote:
>
>> Well, I've contacted the original author and my c-l.net account should
>> be set up now to include the cl-xmpp commit bit. So, we can start
>> working on a more lively project now.
>>
>> Could you explain a bit more what it is that you're looking for from
>> your perspective? I mean, a more lively project has 2 components: (1)
>> a committer/maintainer and (2) visible/engaged users [who provide
>> feedback regarding what they're missing].
>>
>> Does anybody here have anything they're missing, or are you just
>> experimenting with the library and running into problems so fast that
>> you're abandoning it immediately?
>>

> I contributed some code that hasn't made it's way into the main codebase
> yet:
> http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/cl-xmpp-devel/2007-December/000111.html

I found your changes and committed them into the CVS repository as
well as the 2 changes in David's Git repository.

After committing your patches verbatim (except for the conflicts which
I needed to resolve), I tweaked a defconstant into a defparameter.
Generally it's considered bad form to declare strings as constants: it
doesn't work cross implementation without specific precautions.

> I've had quite a lot of success using cl-xmpp with ejabberd, we're currently
> using the latest version of the server with a few patches applied:
> http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/cl-xmpp-devel/2007-October/000097.html

That's great to hear!

Regards,

Erik.