[cl-xmpp-devel] cl-xmpp with usocket patch

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 21:00:29 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Burguz Omonov <burguzomo at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hey guys, I am giving cl-xmpp with usocket patch a try, and here's where it breaks:
>

> machetto cl-xmpp # cat clxmpptest.lisp
> (require :cl-xmpp)
> (defvar *connection* (xmpp:connect :hostname "machetto"))
> (xmpp:auth connection "user" "userpass" "res")
> (xmpp:message connection "user2 at machetto" "ssup")
> (xmpp:receive-stanza-loop connection)
> machetto cl-xmpp #
> sbcl --load clxmpptest.lisp

> ; registering # as USOCKET
> ; #
> ; registering # as SPLIT-SEQUENCE
>
>  when called with arguments
>    (#S(CL-XMPP::SLOW-STREAM
>        :TARGET #)).
>

> Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

Well, with your code I don't get very far (in my local network
"machetto" doesn't resolve), but when changing "machetto" to
"jabber.org", I run into a bug in your snippet above:

First you assign '*connection*' a value and after that you use
'connection' (note the lack of asterisks). Other than that, I'm unsure
what the problem can be: you're rather terse with the information
you're providing. The answers to a number of questions might help
resolve your issue:

- Which SBCL version?
- Which usocket version?
- Is "machetto" bound in your local network?
- Do you see the same error when using "jabber.org" as a server name?
- Did it work without the usocket patch?

Just some random questions to help figure out the issue :-)

Bye,

Erik.