[cl-xmpp-devel] start-sax-document

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Wed Apr 26 16:52:42 UTC 2006

Quoting Joel Reymont (joelr1 at gmail.com):
> Any particular reason for this wrapper around sax:start-document?
>
> (defun start-sax-document (handler)
>   (let ((dom-builder (cxml-dom:make-dom-builder)))
>     (setf (cxml:proxy-chained-handler handler) dom-builder)
>     (sax:start-document dom-builder)
>     dom-builder))
>
> I would like to swap out CXML for Allegro's built-in XML/SAX parser
> and the SAX API seems to match. The DOM API is different thus I can't
> replace the above.

I don't understand the question.  This function installs a CXML DOM
builder in the stanza handler, which uses a CXML SAX proxy.

CL-XMPP currently uses CXML.  If you want to switch to Allegro-specific
libraries you can try to do so, but personally I would not be able to
help you with that.

Specificially, CL-XMPP uses DOM, so you would have to adapt the code to
the function names Franz chose to use, among other changes.