[cl-xmpp-devel] GoogleTalk authentication error

Erik Enge erik.enge at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 15:17:47 UTC 2006

On 4/26/06, Joel Reymont <joelr1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I doing something wrong here? I'm using Allegro 8.0 and had to
> patch cffi just a bit. Is google not liking the digested password?

There is at least one bug here.  The library reports
AUTHENTICATION-SUCCESSFUL when it quite clearly wasn't.  (Patches very
welcome, I unfortunately do not use or develop cl-xmpp anymore;
maintainers apply within :-).

There may be another bug here though I am curious, did you use
CONNECT-TLS to connect to Google Talk?  Also, I wonder if I recall
correctly that after connecting using TLS to Google Talk you should
just use the plain auth method.  There error you see reported seems to
claim that you have failed to specify a password which I think makes
sense if they expect to see a <password> tag in there.

Try it with plain and see how that goes.

I'm unable to try this on my workstation presently.

Erik.