[cl-xmpp-devel] cl-xmpp event handling

Adam Thorsen adam.thorsen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 02:27:45 UTC 2005

I have some questions about event handling in cl-xmpp.

I have been able to successfully start receive-stanza-loop, and have it
process several messages with the following handler:

(defmethod xmpp:handle ((connection xmpp:connection) (message xmpp:message))
;;  (format nil "message was sent to: ~a" (xmpp:to message))
  (push message (gethash (xmpp:to message) *message-hash*))
;;  (xmpp:disconnect connection)
  )

However, once I send a message, like this:

(xmpp:message connection "awt at jabber.loglibrary.com"body)

xmpp:handle seems to stop processing messages on the connection.  Why does
this happen?  How can I get it to start processing messages again?

Thanks,
-Adam