[cl-who-devel] undefined variable: CL-WHO::ATTR problem again

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at jkcunningham.com
Fri Mar 1 17:18:14 UTC 2013

I just upgraded everything through quicklisp and rebuilt a project I'm
working on and an error came back that I've run into before. There is a
missing comma in cl-who.lisp that I manually fixed the last two times
I've upgraded quicklisp dists.

Trying to google on the error doesn't get you anywhere, although someone
posted to the mail list about it once before. I don't think they
captured the error message in their post. So here it is for anyone
running into this problem.

; --> CL-WHO:FMT
; ==>
;   (FORMAT *STANDARD-OUTPUT* " ~A" CL-WHO::ATTR)
;
; caught WARNING:
;   undefined variable: CL-WHO::ATTR
;
; compilation unit finished
;   Undefined variable:
;     CL-WHO::ATTR
;   caught 1 WARNING condition

Here's the fix: (add the comma)

  $ diff who.lisp who.lisp~
120c120
<                                      `(fmt " ~A" ,attr))
---
 >                                      `(fmt " ~A" attr))

I'm going see if I can submit a bug fix on this.

Cheers,
--Jeff