[cl-who-devel] Question about splitting tags in a dolist...

Jim Barrows jim.barrows at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:47:32 UTC 2011

I'm pulling records from a database, and I don't know how many I'll have.
 I need to display them in a 3 by X grid built in CSS.  So it needs to look
something like:
(:div :class "row"
  (:div :class "span-one-third" "1/3")
  (:div :class "span-one-third" "1/3")
  (:div :class "span-one-third" "1/3"))

Since I don't know how many rows are returning, I can't really hard code it
like the above example.

I'm new to lisp, so I may just be thinking about this in the wrong way.  In
Java, opening a tag like this and closing it is a very common pattern.
 Maybe I'm just thinking too much in Java...
--
James A Barrows