[cl-who-devel] Re: Macroexpansion of with-html-output body?

Volkan YAZICI yazicivo at ttmail.com
Sun Feb 3 11:00:09 UTC 2008

"Eli Naeher" <enaeher at gmail.com> writes:
> It seems like it would be nice to expand any macros detected while
> walking the tree of the w-h-o body. This would allow users to define
> their own pseudo-tags a little more flexibly than is possible with
> convert-tag-to-string-list.

IIRC, there had been some similar discussions on the list about this
matter. Expanding found macros during walking the tree can be quite
useful. (OTOH, this method may have some problems, that I cannot find
one now.)

> In particular, it would allow the user to create a tag which
> modifies its body (as a tree) even when that body contains the
> expansion of another user-defined tag. I don't believe this is
> currently possible, as this hypothetical outer tag would have access
> only to the HTML strings returned by the convert-tag-to-string-list
> specialized on the inner tag and not to the relevant s-expressions.
>
> Is there any interest in a patch implementing this behavior?

I hope so. At least, I do. If you have one ready (or you're
volunteered to implement one) let's see it in action.

Regards.