[cl-who-devel] escaping attributes question

Mac Chan emailmac at gmail.com
Tue May 22 04:50:12 UTC 2007

On 5/21/07, Simon Cusack <scusack at fastmail.com.au> wrote:
> I have read the syntax and semantics chapter and was just wondering why
> values in the attribute position aren't escaped by default?  Or is there
> something I am missing?

I guess it's the same reason why body text ain't escaped by default,
because the lib can't assume too much about that data that you are
feeding.

In my experience 95% of the time the attribute values are constant
html attributes like :width "100%" or :colspan 2 etc that don't
require escaping.

But your use case might be different.

-- Mac