[cl-who-devel] Question about *escape-char-p*

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Jan 19 07:39:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:45:29 -0800, "Paul Thirumalai" <paul.thirumalai at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to run the hunchentoot-test example with the hunchentoot
> system.  Each time I try to run the easy demo, get demo or post demo
> I get the error
>
> "Error in KERNEL:%COERCE-TO-FUNCTION: the function
> CL-WHO:*ESCAPE-CHAR-P* is undefined."

Strange.  Are you using the newest version of all libraries?  Could
you provide a backtrace of the error?  Also, we'd need information
about your Lisp implementation and OS.

> Could you explain why this occurs. It also happens to me when I try
> use the escape-string method in code.  FYI: I changed the
> *attribute-quote-char* in who.lis from #\' to #\"

I assume you mean who.lisp.  But of course the idea is that you change
this value in your code and not in the source code of the library.

Cheers,
Edi.