[cl-utilities-devel] split-sequence performance problem.

Peter Scott sketerpot at gmail.com
Tue May 2 20:48:55 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Szymon <ssbm2 at o2.pl> wrote:
> Hi. I discovered that split-sequence* functions are *SLOW*
> when input is a list.
> [snip example]

Ouch, you're right. I looked at the code, and it was pretty obviously
designed for vectors, with lists handled as an afterthought. If this
is an issue for you, it might be worth the trouble to add more
efficient functions for lists. If it's not an issue but just a glaring
performance wart, it might be better to leave the code as it is,
simply because it's well tested and debugged in its current state and
stability is very important to me.

In any case, looking at this some more has now been added to my to-do
list. Thanks for pointing this out.

-Peter