[cl-unification-devel] a simpler example

Russell McManus russell_mcmanus at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 21:38:58 UTC 2008

Here are some examples:

;; this works
(find-variable-value
 '?s
 (unify #T(list ?f ?s) '(a (b c))))

;; this works
(find-variable-value
 '?s1
 (unify #T(list ?f (?s1 ?s2)) '(a (b c))))

;; this fails
(find-variable-value
 '?s1
 (unify #T(list ?f (list ?s1 ?s2)) '(a (b c))))

I was expecting the meaning of LIST to be the same whether
it is encountered at top level in a template, or at a nested level.

Is this a bug, or are my expectations wrong?

-russ