[cl-typesetting-devel] Kerning question: hbox vs. paragraph

Peter Heslin pj at heslin.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 19:42:52 UTC 2006

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 11:50:32AM +0100, Marc Battyani wrote:
> No. hbox and vbox are the raw level objects and should normally not be used in normal
> usage.

Thanks for the clarification.  So should the paragraph macro be used
to typeset *all* text if you want proper kerning, even if it's just a
couple of words?  I noticed this issue when I was setting a header
line, and I used hbox, because a single line of a few words of text
didn't seem like a paragraph to me.  Or is there some other macro to
use in that situation?

Best wishes,

Peter