[cl-typesetting-devel] Placing text very specifically?

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Tue Jun 7 11:42:13 UTC 2005

"Peter Seibel" <peter at javamonkey.com> writes:

> I'm trying to build a logo by placing two words in very close
> proximity. I'd like to use cl-typesetting rather than raw cl-pdf in
> order to get the nice kerning. But I can't figure out how to
> absolutely position the various bits of text. I'm sure there's an
> easy way but I figure Marc or someone can explain it to me more
> quickly than I find it be groveling through the source.

You can either use 2 draw blocks or add some fixed horizontal spacing with
#'hspace (though it will be an expandable spacing) or add a h-spacing box:
The spacing can even be negative.

"Peter" (hspace 2) "Seibel" :eol
"Peter" (hspace -2) "Seibel" :eol
"Peter" (typeset::add-box (make-instance 'typeset::h-spacing :dx -10
:max-expansion 0 :max-compression 0 :expansibility 0.0 :compressibility
0.0)) "Seibel" :eol

Marc