[cl-typesetting-devel] Page n of m?

Marc Battyani marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com
Thu Sep 30 21:20:50 UTC 2004

Bob Hutchison wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2004, at 4:39 PM, Marc Battyani wrote:
>
> > The multipass mechnism is integrated into typeset:with-document so it
> > should
> > work in your code.
> >
> > As they are several passes you should use:
> >
> >  (when (typeset::final-pass-p)
> >    (pdf:write-document file))
>
> This doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm not sure what happens if
> it isn't the final pass? how does the document get written?
>

> > To avoid writing the pdf file during the intermediate passes.
> > (I will probably redefine write-document in typeset to handle this more
> > easily.)
> >
> > How many passes go you get ?
> > What are the values of *current-pass* *undefined-references*
> > *changed-references* ?
>
> I am getting current pass: 1, undefined references: NIL,
> changed-references: NIL

This is not good.
When the ref id is not yet defined, #'find-ref-point-page-number should push
the missing ref id in *undefined-references*.
This would start a second pass.

Are you looking at the value of *undefined-references* just before the end
of with-document ?
(it's cleared at the beginning)

Marc